Well, after a week of sewing (loads of orders this week) and an unwell child, I finally completed my entry for the art raffle. The theme was flights of fancy and I decided to do a fabric page called evolution - pastel, in practice for a fabric CJ I'm about to get involved in. I made a page as a base using curtain fabric backed with calico. I then picked out the flowers in fabric paints, crazy quilted around them and then appliqued a bird in the same fabric, highlighted in chalks.
I liked the colours of this and the layering of 2 of the same fabrics but was less happy with the paint. So the next one 'Evolve' had subtler glitter highlighters on lighter tones, and beadwork to the tail. This will be the first page in my CJ. Excuse the poor photo - it's dark in my workroom now.
Today I've been busying myself with making san pro for a couple of customers. Before you all recoil in horror, here's a picture of some of my beautiful san pro:
Pretty floral backing, soft soy jersey top and absorbant hemp inner, with a hidden waterproof layer and popper fastenings. Pretty, comfortable, eco and reliable, and not in the least bit scary.
11 hours ago